But in order to justify my doing nothing tonight, here's a list of movie theatres that I like that are relatively cheap. I'm stealing segments of this list off of this awesome compilation.
1. BAM Rose Cinemas - $9 student, $7.50 before 5pm (I'm aching to get that $400 free admission to movies all year pass)
2. 92YTribeca - apparently $30 will cover movie + dinner + discussion with film professsors from around NYC. Supa cool dude.
3. Cinema village - $8 student
4. Cafe Steinhof - Free movies after dinner 10:30pm on Sundays. Austrian food.
5. Tribeca Grand Theatre - FREE every Sunday at 8:30pm with RSVP (only 100 seats in supa fancy hotel!!! awesome classics!)
6. Kew Garden Cinemas - $6.50 all day T/Th, $7.50 before 5pm any day
7. Moma - $6 student!! Okay you just gotta hang out there Fridays is the point. Free admission after 4pm and free movies too. Sometimes award winning ones for the year, sometimes classics like Bertolucci this entire month.
8. Rubin Museum - Okay you just gotta hang out there Fridays is the point, as well. After 6pm, there's a live DJ, the galleries are free, and at 9:30pm there's a screening that's free with a $7 purchase from the bar.
9. Sony Wonders Tech Lab - RSVP supa necessary on Mondays before screening. You gotta be there Saturdays at 2pm, it's absolutely FREE!! They play big ass mainstream films like the Social Network most recently.
10. Resistance Cinema - Sunday at 1pmish, RADICAL films. Free, donation appreciated.
If it's free blues you're after, you can't do any better than the gratis shows every Friday and Saturday night at the B.B. King Blues Club & Grill. Shows start at 9 p.m.; get there early for good seats.