Thursday, December 31, 2009

blog remake!

hellu hellu!

So, after some thought I've finally given this blog a more centralized theme. On here, I will post lists, reviews and challenges to myself. Lists, mainly because I love them and I tend to think in list form frequently. It's like having several collections I can keep track of. Reviews, because I watch movies daily (I'm at 300-something after a year and a half) and I love books. Challenges to myself, because I've many things to refine about myself, and it's always fun pushing the limit of your comfort zone, maximizing your potential.

List No. 1: Countries I want to visit
  • Brazil
  • Portugal
  • The Dominican Republic
  • Spain
  • India
  • Mexico
  • All of South & Central America (I can't think of any reason to not go to every single country)
  • China
  • Cuba
  • Denmark
  • Jamaica
  • Czechoslovakia
  • France
  • Vietnam
  • Cambodia
  • The Philippines
  • Japan
  • Australia
  • Moldova
  • Haiti
  • Martinique
  • Morocco
Challenge No. 1: Waste less time on the internet doing useless things

This is what I do when I'm left alone with a computer with working internet: stare at my email, look at pictures on facebook, browse clothing retailers' websites, read reddit (the useless stuff), and usually a day-specific useless task of the day. Two days ago, it was going through Netflix's watch instantly selection and choosing 200+ titles I want to watch in the future. I've still to watch a single one. Other days, it's look for DIY clothing tutorials online (if you want to indulge in this crazy task, check out Burdastyle haha). But never actually getting a project going. Yesterday, I spent looking for ways to customize my sister's desktop. I found some cool things (an alarm clock, for example). But mainly, just a lot of nothing. So, as long as I am challenging myself to waste less time on the internet doing useless things, I must make a list at the end of the day to see what exactly I did. So far, today, I've: looked up Etta James songs, read some reddit, surfed fb. ...Onto some productivity!!!!

Cool thing: If you're on a Mac, and using Safari, press apple + ctrl + D while you hover over a word. Yeah, the dictionary definition comes up, crazy righttt???
Daily musical delight: Rescue Me by Aretha Franklin

No comments:

Post a Comment