Sunday, January 3, 2010

children & such.

hello hello
so it's a new year yay! i was thinking of some lists i could put up...and I won't do a new year's resolution list, I kind of still have to think about it. Instead, I've been thinking about children. At the cusp of my 20 years, I feel that a lot of people around me have begun to think about children, and families. Truthfully, I'm still quite freaked out by them, and think of them either as equivalent to pets (and this is not necessarily a bad thing, I think truly fondly of cats, for example) -- the only difference being that one day children will actually be able to talk to me -- or as vessels onto which I can deposit all my desires for knowledge. That said, here's...

a list of things I would like my children (or someone else's children) -- boys/girls/intersexed -- to learn:
  • at least five languages (English, Spanish, Mandarin, Portuguese, Russian)
  • how to sew / do crafty things
  • how to cook
  • carpentry
  • horseback riding
  • how to swim
  • yoga/pilates
  • some crazy extreme sport....surfing is kinda cool, nice culture. mountain climbing?
  • how to program / do tech-y things.
yeah that's a lame list.

Instead, take a look at Time Magazine's list of 50 Best Websites 2009

Music: Lupe's Daydream
Cool: http://www.academicearth.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment